Your willing to reduce belly fat or control blood glucose levels but never commit to eating and exercise plans because of a busy schedule. Your truly not willing enough if you ask for a quick fix to your health challenges.
Busy work schedules can mean getting home too tired and getting up early the next day but without health you will not be able to run the busy schedules.
Despite the busy schedule, you an modify the following about your diet and lifestyle.
The WHY, reasons to adjust lifestyle can include managing a chronic disease like diabetes and hypertension, getting rid of excess belly fat, preventing constipation or managing stress.
Personally I am motivated by the impact of lifestyle change on the health of my clients, oh and also I love my waistline (have to maintain it).
Create Time, Cut out long chats with colleagues at the end of a working day to allow you reach home earlier for exercise.
I keep away from passive activities like social media and TV to create time for exercise.
Download an app lock app that limits access to time consuming applications.
The Routine, attach healthy habits to daily activities.
- Drink a glass of water , when you step out of bed, before you get into bed, before each meal. With this, you are already 5glasses of water out of the recommended 3liters daily. (Just a minute of your 24hours)
- Eat your breakfast as soon as you sit at your work desk or better still before you step out for work. (10minutes)
- Skip a rope, jog around your house or do push-ups before you take a shower. (flexible time)
- Stop by the gym for a one hour workout, better than the evening traffic jam or that stop over at a bar.
- Engage your family in your health routine. Let the children make salad for the next day and pack it into carriable containers.
- Save the time you spend making large unncessary dinners. Eat a light dinner.
- Plan your breakfast before you sleep. Sign up for healthy cookery sessions for quick breakfast recipes (less than 20minutes cooking time) modified for your dietary needs.
- Walk or jog home from work. Tried this a few weeks back, felt good to walk the distance of 7kilometers, it was better than the car. But you won’t know about the great feeling of accomplishment till you try it. Yes, carry your sports shoes and walk at leisure if it’s your first time. You will reach home a few minutes late but that’s okay.
- Order special workplace lunch, in Uganda, the biggest problem is the large carbohydrate portions so for healthier lunch I ask for one carbohydrate portion and a bowl of vegetables ( this is the special order as it’s often not available). This is in addition to the protein choice. Ordering at about 8am allows the caterer, to prepare your healthy plate.
- Buy cucumbers and oranges in bulk, among other fruits and vegetables that don’t spoil quickly for two weeks supply.
- Getting a personalized lifestyle plan also saves you the wasted time downloading online diet and exercise guides that may not suit your schedule and local foods. Email email@example.com
- You can follow me on Twitter for quick mindful eating tips. Also have an amazing product range of healthy teas for you. Check out Rena beverages solutions on Facebook.